These are my favorite cookies to make; they are easy to put together and come out delicious every time.
This recipe makes roughly 24 cookies.
Baking Supplies Needed:
- Two Baking Sheets
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A large bowl
- Parchment Paper or Baking Spray
- 1 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup of Softened Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
How to make the cookies:
1. In a bowl, mix together your softened butter and cream cheese with a fork or spoon until it is smooth.
2. Add in the vanilla and mix once more.
3. Add in the egg and mix the batter until it has a smooth consistency.
4. Add in half of the yellow cake mix at stir until combined, then add in the other half and repeat. It will most likely be very sticky.
5. Chill the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes. This helps the dough be less sticky.
6. After 30 minutes, preheat your oven to 375 F. Prepare your baking sheets by either lining them with parchment paper or coating them with Crisco or cooking spray.
7. Place your cookies into rows of 3×4, you may have extra dough left over, so just add it onto some of the smaller cookies.
8. After your oven is ready, place the cookies on the baking sheet and into the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until they are cracked on top.
9. Make sure to rotate the trays halfway through baking so they cook evenly.
10. Once they are cooled enough, cover them with powdered sugar. You can either use a shaker or dip the tops of the cookies into the sugar.