By: Esther Estrada
Starting up your own business can be hard, but it’s not impossible. In this new era, everyone becomes their own boss and creates a lot of great small businesses.
It can seem overwhelming at first, especially when you have an idea but don’t know where to start. Here, some small businesses CEOs have advice they would like to pass down to help you start up your very own business.
What Advice would you give someone who wants/ is starting up their own small business?
Alba Detail is a auto detailing services company that started up in 2018. This company is about having your vehicle feeling refreshed and looking new with quality products that will support everlasting shine with a therapeutic finish
- Alba Detail : “Start as soon as possible. Study what you’re selling to better inform your customers, learn as you go.”
AdriFt is a personal training business established in June 2020 to promote prioritizing yourself at the forefront of an individual’s health and wellness journey. They offer personal training, meal plans, a variety of fitness classes and self-care workshops. All services are offered virtually and and in-person depending on your location.
- Adri Fit: “Don’t let fear and doubt get in the way of something you feel passionate about. You will always be your biggest critic, but giving yourself permission to bring that growing vision to life is something your future self will thank you for.”‘
Cesar’s Creations is a graphic design and marketing service agency based in New York that started in 2019. They specialize in branding and album covers. When it comes to branding and assisting other businesses in elevating to the next level, Cesar Creations is the place for you.
- Cesar’s Creations : “ Learn from your mistakes, be confident with yourself and let your work ethic shine for itself.”
- “If you love what you do, you’ll never have to work another day in your life because I walk in my gift, I own my gift, and I don’t let anyone tell me differently.”
NailsbyHills is owned by a female college student who loves art and designing. It started up in 2018. NailsbyHills is the nail service that will ensure your nails are slayed and worth every penny.
- NailsbyHills : “For someone who’s starting a small business, that in itself is a brave step. When you’re first starting to promote and build your small business, it’s good to remember that you’re in working progress. Don’t give up simply because you feel as if you’re not expanding your business quick enough. Don’t give up because you feel like other competitors are better. But most importantly, don’t compare your work to others. Starting a small business is all about being confident in your own work and understanding that everyone’s service or merchandise is unique.”
Enchanted by Bella started up four years ago. She is a minority stylist who wants to provide hair services to those in need, especially at SUNY Plattsburgh in upstate New York where the population is predominantly white, and there are no salons that will provide students with what they want.
- Enchanted by Bella : “To just start, use your friends for content, get something going. Starting a business takes time and progress. You will always be able to change how you do things because it’s your business, you make the rules. Social Media is your best friend, and it’s free. Also don’t give up.”
SweetVibes is an online bakery that started in June 2020. Arianna Avlent runs her business by herself with the dream of eventually having her own team. She makes all types of baked goods, for example: cookies, brownies, cupcakes and pies. She also provides cakes for all types of occasions like birthdays, baby showers, weddings.
- SweetVibes: “ Some advice I would give is: You can’t be afraid to invest in your business. You have to be willing to give your all: Your money, your time, your love. You can’t expect others to support your business if you aren’t supporting it yourself. Investing is so important because how are you going to make money if you aren’t putting in money? You can’t see results if you don’t put in the work.”
Mels Delights LLC is a bakery that was founded in 2012, when she was in middle school but wasn’t established till 2014. Her business caters to all through customer cakes, pastries & more.
- Mels Delights LLC: “ Never give up on your vision. Some days will definately be better than others. Be OK with accepting loss and that your business will not start up right away. Embrace the negatives but also enjoy the positive.”
Malosi apparel started in August 2021. It’s a clothing brand based on the values of strength, not just outer strength. Their goal is to encourage everyone to continue to be strong no matter the situation they are in, and to never give up on themselves.
- Malosi Apparel : “ Bet on themselves, trust what their doing, and do whatever they’re doing in love”
TrueSpirit Co., started in 2018, is a handmade, healing brand that inspires self-care and self-love in everyday life. The original intention with creating this line was to offer deeply thought out products and crystal jewelry pieces that assist you on your journey of self-healing. Aiming to support the receiver, intentions are set for all products to lift your frequency, support your highest good and ultimately support you as you align more with your truest self.
- TrueSpirit Co : “ Don’t wait for it to feel perfect before starting. So much experience is gained in putting your business out there and actually operating it. You will forever be growing and changing it as it and your experience expands.”
- “Make sure you have a solid sense of support while starting your business that continues to help fund it until it can fund itself. This will not only help to keep it operating, but also help to keep you from making choices for your business from a place of scarcity.”
- “Your business is nothing without your consumer. Put care into what they think and feel”
All of these small businesses were once at the same start you were. This kind of advice is what helped them become successful. It won’t be an easy journey but don’t give up: hard work always pays off.