This is the cake my Great Grandma Bubbles would always make for any type of celebration or family event. It’s a rich chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. You’ll be able to toss this delicious cake together, along with the frosting, in no time at all.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Two Large Bowls
- One Baking Pan
- Hand Mixer, or Whisk
Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Hershey’s Cocoa
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking SOda
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 8 Tablespoons of Crisco
- 2 Cups of Hot Water
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 ½ cups of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Softened Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of 2% Milk (You may need more or less)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine all of your batter ingredients into a large bowl, adding the hot water last.
- Mix the batter using a whisk or an electric hand mixer until it’s smooth, the batter will be a bit watery.
- Line your baking pan with Crisco, or parchment paper so the cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool for 30 to 40 minutes.
While your cake cools, start making the frosting.
- Soften your stick of butter in the microwave, and then add it to a large bowl.
- Add the cup of creamy peanut butter, and mix until combined.
- Start to add the confectioners sugar ½ a cup at a time.
- Add the milk gradually as well, if you add too much the frosting will become soupy and unusable.
- Once your frosting is creamy and spreadable, put aside until your cake is cooled completely.
- Once your cake is cooled, spread your peanut butter frosting across the cake evenly.
- Cut and serve, preferably with a glass of milk, and enjoy.